Roseville Big Band with the Rosetones Scott County Historical Society Dance, October 12, 2013
Ridges at Sand Creek
Click here for pictures from the dance.
21775 Ridges Drive Jordan, MN 55352. Phone: (952) 492-2644 The best place for band to enter would be through the far north doors. The first set of doors says lounge, the 2nd set says ballroom, the 3rd set (north door) doesn't say anything - this is the door we should use.
Wear a black suit or tux with the band's blue ties and cummerbunds.
Set One - Part 1 (7:30-8:20):
1. Dance to the Big Band Swing (Rosetones,
Glen P., Kelli)
2. I Can't Give You Anything But Love (Karen)
3. Glory of Love (Rosetones, Kay)
4. Little Brown Jug (Mike, Glen P., *Mark S.)
5. It Don't Mean a Thing (Rosetones, Mark L.)
6. Beer Barrel Polka (Keith and Rosetones, vocals)
7. Lil' Darlin' (Bob) 8. On the Sunny Side of the Street (Carubia arr.; Rosetones)
Cha Cha Cha for Judy (with guest percussionists from the audience)
10. I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo (Rosetones)
11. Pennsylvania 6-5000 (Mark S., Glen P.)
Set Two (8:35-9:25): 1. Rock Around the Clock (Bill P., Bob) 1. String of Pearls (Kay, GN (trumpet), Ann; for the dance contest)
2. How About You (Karen, GN, Glen P.; modified road map: the first time you hit the coda jump sing two bars before C, continue on as usual; the second time you hit that coda jump sign, go back to bar 5 of the piece - that's the modification; the third time you hit the coda jump sign, take the jump to the coda as usual)
3. In the Mood (Tyzik arr., Doc Severinson version; Glen P., Kay, Dan T., Mark S., GN, Kelli)
4. It Had to Be You (Kirk, Ann)
5. Moon River(Kay and Bill, alto sax duet; Rosetones)
6. Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (Rosetones) 7. Moonlight Serenade (Kay)
8. 'S Wonderful (Female vocal; Karen, Dan T., Glen P.)
9. Alegria Latina (Latin Delight with guest percussionists from the audience) (George, Brian, Mark S., Rich, Dan D., Jason)
10. Georgia on My Mind (Wolpe arr.; Rosetones, Glen P.)
11. Sing, Sing, Sing (Kelli; Kay, clarinet; Rich; Keith, scat vocal; GN, trumpet with plunger) 10. I'll Never Smile Again/Dream Medley (Rosetones)
13. American Patrol (Mark L.)
Set Three (9:40-10:33):
1. Bei Mir Bist du Schoen (Key of F minor; Rosetones, Rich, George)
2. Lady is a Tramp (female vocal; Rosetones; Keith scat)
3. Willow Weep for Me (Keith (vocal), George) 3. Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive (Berry arr'; Karen, GN (trumpet))
4. Bye, Bye Blackbird (Dan T.)
5. Somebody Loves Me (Rosetones, Glen P.) 6. Kansas City (Jason et al)
6. Moonglow (Carubia arr.;Rosetones)
7. All of Me (Karen, GN (vocal), Glen P., Rich; including Keith Miner's new lyrics)
8. Satin Doll (Ann, Dan T. (flugelhorn), Dan D., Rosetones) 11. Blue Skies (Rosetones, Ann, Keith Scat)
11. Woodchopper's Ball (Bob, ..., Dan D., Mike) 9. What a Wonderful World (Rosetones) 10. Last: Show Me the Way to Go Home (Glen P.)
*Dan Theobald and Mike Wobig arrived during the 7th song of the first set. 494 closure had delayed them. (Dan was originally slated for the solo on Little Brown Jug. He was able to set up quickly after arriving.) On "I Can't Give you Anything But Love", Glen played a bass part on the piano while Ann played the regular piano part. On the rest of the first 7 songs, either Ann had the bass part in the piano music or we simply did without a bass. Before the 8th song, Glen introduced the saxes, trumpets, and trombones to the audience, to give Mike time to set up.
page was last updated
Friday, February 07, 2020.