Roseville Big Band Events in 2000
Year 2000 Roseville Big Band Public Dances:
Click on the date to see the song list for the dance.
- Saturday, March 4, at the Tapestry
Folkdance Center, 3748 Minnehaha, Minneapolis, 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Click
here to see pictures from the dance.
- Saturday, May 20, at the Confederate
Air Force dance in hangar #3 at Fleming
Field in S. St. Paul, 8:00-12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 16, at the Confederate
Air Force dance in hangar #3 at Fleming Field in S. St. Paul, 8:00-12:00 p.m.
Free swing dance lessons one hour before each dance!
Year 2000 Roseville Big Band Public Concerts:
Click on the date to see the song list for the concert.
- Friday, March 10: Oak
View Middle School Jazz Festival in Andover; concert begins at 7:00 p.m.
with middle school jazz bands from Oak View, Northdale, and Roosevelt, with
the Roseville Big Band performing around 8:00 p.m.; from Roseville, take Highway
10 West toward Anoka, turn right (north) and go six miles on Hanson Blvd;
Oak View Middle School is at 15400 Hanson, and the auditorium is in the second
building in the school complex. Click
here for a map.
- Tuesday, June 6: Roseville
Central Park band shell, corner of Lexington and Co. Rd. C, 7:30 p.m.;
featuring the Rhythm &
Swing dancers and guest trombonist Rich
- Tuesday, July 4: Roseville Central Park band shell,
corner of Lexington and Co. Rd. C, 7:00 p.m., featuring the Rhythm & Swing
dancers, guest performer Alice
Mendelsohn, guest vocalist Tahran
Helmberger, guest flutist/pianist/vocalist Jana
Nyberg, and guest vocalist/trombonist Jordan
Olsen; followed by the Roseville
Community Band at 8:30 p.m. and fireworks at dusk.
- Tuesday, August 1: Roseville Central Park band shell,
corner of Lexington and Co. Rd. C, 7:00 p.m.; featuring the Rhythm & Swing
dancers Click here to
see the notes that Glen Newton provided to public access television producer
John Rusterholz to use in preparing the graphics and camera shots.
- Sunday, August 13: Centennial
Lakes Park amphitheater, 7:00 p.m. From I-494 and France Avenue, go north
on France Avenue for 2 blocks. Turn on 76th street and park across from the
amphitheater. Alternatively, take the first right turn after 76th Street and
park in the lower level of the parking ramp. In case of rain, the concert
will be held in nearby Edinborough
- Saturday, August 19: Roseville
Lutheran Church Annual Corn Feed, 6:00-8:15 p.m.
- Sunday, September 10: St.
Michael's Lutheran Church fall festival and pig roast, 5:30-6:45 p.m.
1660 W. Co. Rd. B in Roseville, about a block and a half west of Snelling
- Monday, December 18: Holiday concert with the
Roseville Community Band at Roseville
Lutheran Church, 1215 W. Roselawn Ave., between Hamline and Lexington,
South of Highway 36, 7:30-9:00 p.m.
Concerts in Central Park are broadcast live on Channel
15, CTV North Suburbs!
Year 2000 Roseville Big Band Sit-in Nights:
Other Year 2000 Roseville Big Band Events:
- Saturday, February 5: Carleton College Mid-Winter Dance, 9:00 p.m.-1:00
a.m. Click here
to see pictures from the dance.
- Tuesday, March 21: Concert at Inver Grove Good Samaritan, 7:30-8:15 p.m.
Click here to see pictures from the
- Tuesday, April 4: Recording session at Roseville Area High School, 7:30-9:30
- Tuesday, April 25: Joint rehearsal/concert with the River
City Jazz Orchestra at Monroe Community School in St. Paul, 7:15-8:45
p.m. Click here
to see pictures from the concert.
- Saturday, June 17: Edison High School Class of 1955 reunion at Earl Brown
- Friday, July 28: Southern Police Institute Dance at the Plymouth Radisson,
8:00-11:00 p.m. Click
here to see pictures from the dance. Click
here for the song list for the dance.
Click here for links to information
about the Roseville Big Band's performances, sit-in nights, and other events
in other years.