Roseville Big Band Events in 1991
1991 Roseville Big Band Public Dances:
- Saturday, May 15: Confederate
Air Force dance in hangar #3 at Fleming
Field in S. St. Paul, 8:00-midnight; with the Minnesota Pipes and Drums;
- Saturday, April 20: North Suburban ball, Har-Mar Mall, 9-12 p.m.
- Saturday, September 21: Bomber's Moon Ball sponsored by the Confederate
Air Force, in hangar #3 at Fleming Field in S. St. Paul, 8:00-midnight
1991 Roseville Big Band Public Concerts:
- Tuesday, January 29: Concert at Edinborough Park, 7700 York Ave., Edina,
7:30-8:30; first use of blue ties and cummerbunds
- Tuesday, June 18: Central Park Concert, set up at 6:30 p.m., play at 7:30
p.m.; white shirts, blue bow ties(?)
- Thursday, July 4: Central Park Concert, set up at 6:15 p.m., play at 7:00
p.m.; Roseville Community Band plays at 8:30 p.m.; red summer shirts(?)
- Tuesday, August 6: Central Park Concert, set up at 6:15 p.m., play at 7:00
p.m.; blue ties/cummerbunds(?)
- TBS (none in spring or summer, because of sit-in nights late in 1990; perhaps
none the whole year)
Other 1991 Roseville Big Band Events:
- Saturday, February 9: Alliant Tech Systems Rolling Gophers Night (benefit
for Courge Center); Hopkins (Lindberg) High School; 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 12: Rotary Club Valentine's Day dance; 8:00-11:00 p.m.,
Town Square Park, St. Paul
- Saturday, February 23: Cindy Murtha-Paul Satre wedding reception, 8:30-12:30
p.m. in Atrium on 3rd floor of the Lumber Exchange Building, corner of 5th
and Hennepin, Minneapolis
- Saturday, June 15: St. Paul Central 50-year class reunion at Town and Country
Club (Marshall and River Blvd. in St. Paul; go S. on Cretin from 94, W. on
Marshall, N. on Otis; ballrooms 1 & 2, near S. (main) entrance; set up
at 7:30 p.m., play 8:30-11:30 p.m.; red ruffled shirts with black ties, etc.
- Friday, June 28: Julie Stenberg's wedding reception, Coffman Union, U. of
M., 8:30-11:30 (have to be out by midnight); white shirts, blue ties and cummerbunds(?)
- Saturday, July 27: Anoka High School 35-year class reunion in Minnesota
Grand Ballroom at Hilton in Roseville (1330 Industrial Boulevard), 9:00-12:00
p.m.; our choice of attire
- Tuesday, December 3: Joint rehearsal with IHCC Jazz Ensemble
- We began the year rehearsing on Tuesdays at Parkview and switched to Mondays
on June 10; some time in May or June we moved to Ralph Reeder School, northeast
of Snelling between Co. Rd. C and C2.
- Others, too?
Click here for links to information
about the Roseville Big Band's performances, sit-in nights, and other events
in other years.